Times and locations for voting:
Yorktown High School, Sunday, July 6th, 11am - 7pm
5200 Yorktown Blvd. Arlington, VA 22207
McLean High School cafeteria, Sunday, July 6th, 12pm - 6pm
1633 Davidson Rd. McLean,VA 22101
Jacqueline H. Wilson
- Years in NOVA: 7
- Twitter followers: 1
- Facbebook Likes: 12
- Occupation: Senior Program Officer, Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding
- Author of Strawberry Ice Cream, Huffington Post
- Blue Virginia Grade: F
Richard C. “Rip” Sullivan, Jr
- Twitter Followers: 79
- Facebook Likes: 262
- Endorsements: Peter Fallon, John Foust, Delegate Scott Surovell, Patrick Hope and Aneesh Chopra
- Blue Virginia Grade: A
- Occupation: a partner at the law firm of Reed Smith
- Years in NOVA: went to high school in NOVA
- Streetcar: Supports if Arlington can get federal funding
- Education: Amherst College, University of Virginia Law School
- Sample issue: Transportation: "I have served on the Fairfax Transportation Advisory Commission, and am very familiar with our transit issues here in Northern Virginia. I would oppose any efforts to widen I-66 inside the beltway, and believe paving more roads is not the long-term solution to our transportation problems. I’m excited to see Metro’s Silver Line open in July, and will seek out ways in the General Assembly to incentivize use of public transportation and expand mass-transit opportunities."
Andrew F. Schneider
- Facebook likes: 364
- Blue Virginia Grade: B
- Education: Tuckahoe, Swanson, Yorktown, College of William & Mary, MBA from the University of Maryland.
- Years in NOVA: since elementary school
- Streetcar: Vague
- Occupation: Alumni Manager for the College of William & Mary Mason School of Business and the Director of the Washington Area Alumni Business Alliance
- Political Experience: "Andrew got his professional start in politics working for Senator Bob Kerrey on Capitol Hill, serving in the Vice President’s Domestic Policy office during the Clinton Administration and working directly for Washington power lobbyist Tony Podesta. " President of the Yorktown Civic Association
Yasmine P. Taeb
- Twitter followers (personal account): 517
- Blue Virginia Grade: A-
- Endorsements: Seth Morrison
- Years in NOVA: "a longtime active resident of the Arlington"
- Occupation: Government Relations Manager for the Arab American Institute and a Fellow at the Center for American Progress (CAP) Leadership Institute
- Political Experience: Legislative Fellow for Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA), Ranking Member on the House Foreign Affairs Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations Subcommittee
- Education: Penn State Dickinson School of Law, an M.A. in Islam and Muslim-Christian Relations from Georgetown University, and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Florida
- HuffPo Articles
- Facebook likes: 478
- Occupation: president of Young Democrats of America
- Education: University of Virginia for her BA in American Studies and Foreign Affairs History, and also George Mason University where she received her Masters in Public Administration.
- Political Experience: served as a Special Assistant to Governor Mark Warner. She has also worked for 8 other federal, state, and local campaigns in and outside Virginia that include Charniele Herring for Delegate 2009; Bob Brink for Delegate 2009; and Jim Moran for Congress 2010.
- Years in NOVA: "A lifelong resident of Virginia"
- Twitter followers (personal account): 2424
- Blue Virginia Grade: A-
- Twitter description: "President of the Young Democrats of America (
@youngdems). Feminist. Activist. Blogger @Fem2pt0. Virginian. Film Geek. 1st Gen. American. Views are my own"
- Sample Issue: Transportation: "As a Rosslyn resident, I use transit almost every day. It's a crucial component of what makes Northern Virginia an economic powerhouse and a great place to live. I support continuing to make strategic investments in transportation that can pay dividends for decades to come. I think decisions about how to enhance transportation in Northern Virginia should be made at the local level and not in Richmond. As your Delegate, I will work with my colleagues to make sure that Richmond isn't passing laws that harm Northern Virginia's ability to make our own decisions about transportation."
- NARAL Statement: "Last night, Atima Omara's campaign for Democratic nominee in the 48th House District stated that NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia had endorsed her candidacy. This is not true..."
- HuffPo Articles
Bill Euille - Mayor of AlexandriaJames Lander - Arlington School Board ChairLeslie Byrne - Former Congresswoman (VA-11)John Chapman - Alexandria City Council
Planned Parenthood of Metro Washington Action FundVirginia NOWJustin Fairfax - Democratic candidate for Attorney General, former federal prosecutorMarjorie Signer - Former Virginia NOW President, Former Arlington Democrats Volunteer CoordinatorKim Klingler - President of Arlington Committee of 100, President of Leeway Overlee Civic AssociationCatherine Read - Board member NARAL Pro Choice Virginia, Board Member of Equality VirginiaAllida Black - Arlington DemocratLawrence Webb - Board Member of Equality VirginiaCarol Fontein - Arlington DemocratOwen Shortt - Past President of Fairfax NAACPEmmitt Carlton - Past President of Virginia NAACPJackie Subtract - Board Member of Alexandria NAACP
- Occupation: an environmental consultant and communications director for the Arlington Democratic Party
- Years in NOVA: "a lifelong resident of Arlington" "grew up in Lyon Village"
- Education: Taylor Elementary, Swanson Middle, and Washington-Lee High Schools; undergraduate degree in History from Princeton University and my Masters of Science from Oxford University’s School of Geography and the Environment
- Blue Virginia Grade: A
- Twitter Followers: 114
- Facebook Likes: 292
- Sample Issue: Transportation "Transportation and the Environment: These two issues are very much dependent on one another. Our transportation and development decisions have a direct impact on environmental health. Sound transportation policies also directly strengthen economic development and preserve affordable housing. I've worked as a volunteer to promote conservation and environmental protection throughout Arlington County and would continue to do so as a member of the General Assembly"
- Streetcar: supports
- Elected Officials supporting Paul Holland for Delegate
- Del. Alfonso Lopez (VA-49)
- Mary Hynes, Vice Chairman, Arlington County Board
- Frank O’Leary, Treasurer, Arlington County
- Theo Stamos, Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Beth Arthur, Arlington County Sheriff
- Civic Leaders supporting Paul Holland for Delegate
- Craig Esherick, Chair of Arlington County Sports Commission
- Brian Harner, Immediate Past Chair, Arlington County Planning Commission
- Caroline Haynes, Chair of Arlington County Park and Recreation Commission
- Conor Marshall, former Party Representative, Arlington Young Democrats
- Bill Moore, former Chairman, Arlington County Democratic Committee and House of Delegates Candidate
- Tiffany Joslyn, Past President, Virginia Partisans
- Scott Lilly, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress & fmr. Clerk of U.S. House Appropriations Committee
- Jason Rylander, Chair of Arlington Public Schools Facilities Advisory Council
- Nancy Iacomini, Member of Arlington County Planning Commission
- David Kinney, Member of Arlington County Fiscal Affairs Advisory Commission
- John Milliken, Former Secretary of Transportation, Commonwealth of Virginia, Former Chairman and Member, Arlington County Board
- Diane Smith, Former Chairman and Member of the Arlington County School Board
- Larry Roberts, Former Chief of Staff to Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine
- Occupation: vice president of the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation,
Director of the Mike Mansfield Fellowship Program, a congressionally-mandated professional exchange for mid-level U.S. government employees.
- Blue Virginia Grade: D
- Years in NOVA: Well, in 2010 he ran for Congress in Arkansas
- Education: B.A. and J.D. from the University of Arkansas and a Master of Laws (LL.M) from Columbia University
- Political Experience: From 2007-2010 he was Chief of Staff to U.S. Congressman Vic Snyder from Arkansas and in 2010 ran in the Democratic Party primary election to represent Arkansas’ Second Congressional District.
- Twitter followers (personal account): 107
- Facebook Likes: 399
- Article: Time has come for compromise on Arlington streetcar issue "
It is time for a compromise. Here are three steps in that direction: 1) The County Board should hit the pause button on the streetcar and not move forward with it for now; 2) the board should implement a pilot program of rapid buses on Columbia Pike for the next three years; 3) after the pilot program is complete, the board should reassess the situation and decide how to proceed. "