Sunday, January 15, 2012

Arlington County Board Candidate Terron Sims on Cycling

Terron Sims answered our questions about support for Bike Friendly Arlington and cycling as follows:
Cycling has indeed become an integral part of the transportation equation in Arlington. I fully support cycling and will continue to do what I can to keep Arlington's reputation as a "Bike Friendly Community" for the future.

I do not own a bicycle but I support programs and businesses such as Capitol Bike Share that allow people to partake in the sport without the cost of purchasing and storing a bike.

By continuing to encourage Arlingtonians to use safe bike lanes, as well as promote additional bike lanes in neighborhoods where that service is not currently offered, I think the county board would be able to encourage good health and exercise as well as safe cycling throughout our community.

Thank you for taking the time to send me your question and I look forward to continuing this discussion as your county board representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment